PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow & other Oz offshore pay deals
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2008, 11:05
pepi72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from P68:
"I suspect that BHA will actually recruit slightly more experienced pilots (who were unwilling to move under the old DP) who can be "fast tracked" to command. The rest will have to do the hard yards just like everyone else. If you have less than 250 ME command or are not endorsed on type etc, you are hardly the most sought after pilot in town and so conditions will tend to reflect that fact - sorry if I have offended anyone as that is not my intent here."

Showing your colours here.

Lets face it, BHA management had the power to sort out a problem that needed sorting to keep them competitive. What they've done instead is change the policy so that about 6 Captains who live over east, who have done very little to bring this issue to a head, get their airfares paid. What they've got left is about 30 FO&SFO's who will be pissed off by the latest installment of Bristow's short sighted management approach. It's also enabled them to start hiring a heap of Military pilots without forcing them to move to Perth, but are there that many of them out there?

P68 doesn't reckon that an FO with 500 or 1000 hrs is worth much. Last i looked mate you need one of them sitting up the front with you or your not going anywhere.

The 30 odd FO and SFO's are BHA's future captains etc. If you want to hang onto them you better not treat them like second class people or they might decide to go and work for CHC or HA or any other operator chasing multi-engine IFR pilots!!

FO's are amongst the lowest paid people working for BHA, expected to move to one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. In addition those with families have to bring them over and isolate them from people who can support them whilst their partners are off at work for 2 weeks. Why would you work for BHA long term if this is how they treat you from the start. This management might work when there's no work out there but not now....If a BHA FO leaves and goes to CHC after 6 months or so because he's had enough of being isolated in Perth then he actually gets a number of credit's plus gets to live where he wants and gets paid an ATPL allowance if he is appropriately licensed. Got you thinking. I reckon there are more than 30 people just waiting to see what CHC pilots get with their EBA and if they do there usual and leapfrog BHA then you might get a few CV's heading to Adelaide pretty quick smart.

Pepi

Last edited by pepi72; 31st May 2008 at 10:49.