PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 270KT outer speed limit for london TMA
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 09:11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there is no holding, then don't apply it
I don't and won't
If the aircraft's ECON speed is 290kts and you don't need to increase that for separation then don't
I don't but how do i know what an aircrafts econ speed is if they don't tell me? It varies from type to type, series to series within a type and from airline to airline. And to be frank i don't have enough RT time to ask.
Why do so many people impose a speed differential of 10 kts (300/290/280) on aircraft which are ALREADY 5 miles or more in trail? If they didn't do that they wouldn't feel the need to make the first one do 300 or more just to stop the back one from falling out of the sky.
Its would be because of the relationship between IAS and ground speed at different levels, i thinks its something like 7 kts IAS per 1000 feet equates to the same ground speed. If i'm streaming two or three with about 3000 feet between each then i'll use a less IAS to keep them separated. AFAIK TC do not appreciated 7 miles in trail with a 30 kt catch up.
How many Ts or Ps regularly assess the delays at LAM by looking at the radar at the stack compared with the 'Less than 20 mins' response derived from the SIS page? Very few planners I've observed keep their tacticals appraised of the delays (10 mins or whatever) on a regular basis unless they are into or just coming out of EATs.
All of us i hope. SIS is sh*t and everyone knows that, the problem with looking at LAM and trying to judge the delay, is that you can look at it not see many there and then be told its BRASO holding. Happens more than you think.