PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vestibular Neuritis
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2008, 10:52
OyYou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also trying to keep fairly active which helps retrain the brain (cycling etc).
Good luck
When I eventually got back to work after my bout of Labyrinthitus, it turns out the company had an AME on the staff who had made a study of RAF pilots in centrifuges ( Spelling? ) etc.
He explained the 'healing process' is similar to a child learning how to stand up for the first time. If you watch a toddler falling over while he learns to walk upright, all he is doing is educating his balance mechanism. If you have had a bad bout of labyrinthitus you have to re educate your brain to get your balance back. Do not be afraid of falling over ( a child isn't ) Don't be afraid of 'exploring the envelope'. You might feel nauseous but you must stretch your brain and balance mechanism deliberately. Similar to having a broken leg, you have to exercise it to get the strength back.
As No1Mutt says, get the bike out. Use exercise to get the strength back.

I have heard of other sufferers who have gone down the Alternative Therapy route. I tried Acupuncture as conventional medicine usually cannot help. I found that, while it was OK experience, it did NOTHING for the condition. One other who tried homeopathy looked a physical wreck. I am convinced that exercise is the best way.

Regards

Last edited by OyYou; 16th May 2008 at 11:25.