PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus vs Boeing
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2008, 13:43
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian

You are basically right. But you're taking the fun out of it!!

Still I'd like to come back to three issues:

- Sure enough we do not have to fly like in the 1910's. Technology evolves, "tempora mutantur et nos cum illis". But one thing is for sure, we have not yet been able to modify the program of the homo sapiens. And this species is simply better designed to function with ALL its senses than with its (mainly overrated) brain only. So taking away any feedback is taking away one of his senses and this means simply taking away a backup, or safety net, and at least here I hope all professionals will agree, there is a setback per human design.

- As I remeber the DC-9 was flown with a direct cable to the inverted aileron on the main one. Direct link with direct feel.

- Praise the Airbus as much as you want, but a circuit with a DC-10 and its FBW will forever be superior. Set the attitude, hold for 1 second and it flies spot on.

- Comparing EICAS and ECAM is a no brainer. Only guys who haven't flown both can pretend otherwise than discrediting ECAM. Just think: On the 330, with double engine failure: DO NOT USE ECAM! What a farce, it's exactly in such a incident when i would desperately need it!!!!

GMDS