PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 12:40
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a lot of questions my friend!

From the tone of your post, your priority appears to be based around getting 'home' as often as possible by the cheapest means. No harm in that but you're putting the cart before the horse. Why don't you do some research on the Airline first and actually apply. You say you're very junior so do you have the minimum 4000hrs? IF you're successful at reaching interview, you'll have an opportunity to ask all those questions direct and will also have had an opportunity to see Dubai in all its glory......

Regarding the 15 days sick in 42, no way. They might get away with that crap for the Cabin Crew but the Pilots wouldn't accept it. You get 42 days leave 'entitlement' and sickness is a different matter altogether. The problem that the Cabin Crew face is that sickness is abused and as a result, the Company impose these draconian measures which effect the majority.

I will warn you ,however, that while some do commute here, it's not made easy by restrictions on days off although it is possible to get a string of 6-8 in top bid months if you are Flight crew. Also, no jumpseat travel is allowed, either on the flight deck or in the cabin. If there's no pax seat, you aint going!
To cap it off, load factors are notoriously high, especially on far East routes, BKK being exceptionally busy. Your low seniority here would put you behind hundreds of Cabin Crew if Business was full.

Good luck.

Harry

P.s May I suggest posting in future on Middle East forum. Although this is 'crew' discussions, it is in the Cabin crew forum.