PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2008, 09:57
swisseddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motivation paper

Hi pre3sg,

I did stage1 on friday. The motivation paper was 30 multiple choice questions (four choices). There was only one question regarding the airplane data and that was what speed does a 737 cruise at. Although I could not remember exactly what the speed was there is only one logical answer ,450. All the others were way out. There were no dates Q's but couldnt hurt to memorise them as there are only 4 dates in the info.

The questions will presumably be different when you sit yours but i would imagine roughly the same so concentrate more on the first 13 pages of information and then gain an overview of airplane data.

Also have an understanding of how far different airports are from each other as there may be DST Q's to work out. eg how long would it take a plane to travel from eg london to Prestwick.

One word of warning though the Spatial Awareness test is a "NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!". I thought i would be ok at that but no. I dont want to scare you too much but everyone i spoke to afterwards said they had not completed it and really struggled.

There are 40 Q's split between three cube nets to be done in 20 mins. You have to look at a cube net then it will show you four cubes and you have to decide which one could be made from the cube net ( answer A - D ) or if none of them could be made (answer E) The first is reasonably straight forward as it is the standard cross pattern but nets 2 and 3 are more complex ( see below ). I seriously recommend you prepare by cutting out paper nets, drawing patterns and looking at from diff angles. Do not underestimate this test!

The nets are in the following patterns ( to the best of my memory)
**** , **** and *** (last one may be slightly different
* * ** as brain was dripping out of head at that time!)

Hope that helps. if any more questions dont hesitate to ask. All the best