PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia is coming to town
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008, 05:47
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dream on, i'm sorry to say. It would be opening up a pandoras box. If Aussies get it, Europeans just as Americans will ask for it -- a never ending story. They'd rather fill their empty seats with prop drivers from all over the place than give any basing, such is their paranoia of losing control and a couple of dirhams in Dubai that will be spent elsewhere. The hugely increased training cost is hidden somewhere else and compensated by a few weeks less on our future bonus.
This years bonus will keep a nice rosy cloud over many newbees, until they get next years tiny one (cyclic) on top of 12% inflation. But then they have already signed, are still in temporary accomodation, the family still waiting back home with the appartement cost killing the budget.
If with these conditions you speculate on a basing to come, i think VA would be the better option, even financially on the long run. And your risk of divorce or your kids beeing badly influenced by the abysmal mentality around the sandpit is greatly reduced. And these things cost heaploads of money, believe me .......
Go for the interview, i'll try anyway, but make your decision once EK gives the new T&Cs. It will be the moment of truth. If HH pretends to know about our eroding package, then he has to deliver.
The bonus was great, thanks, - allthough we put the money in the box beforehand with our crap rosters, it's only a payback, - they intelligently withheld the box and if things had turned up a little worse, they would have kept it for themselves. We just got our input back with a teeny extra. But we now have to see at least the official inflation (11+%), + 3% contractual increase, + 16% on education (official cap) and 20% on housing (estimated rent increase) or else HH was paying lipservice and EK demonstrates that they accept a bigger profit for them and at the same time accept, fully aware, that our net income decreases. That would be a yellow light!

only about two more weeks and we'll see