PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - English Please!
Thread: English Please!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 21:25
juststartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its about time some people on here dragged themselves out of the dark ages, and realised that people talking a different language from ourselves arnt plotting to blow us up, kill us, or just steal our lunch when we arnt looking, nor are they commenting on our new hairstyle etc etc etc.....

Whilst in any industry, not just aviation, one would expect the language in the workplace to be that of the location, unless otherwise stated, which is fine.

What I am intrigued by however is why is it such a big problem??? Why have we had over 50 posts on this matter when quite frankly.....who cares.

What it boils down to is respect for people whom you work with or work for.

I speak 4 different languages thanks to my job - when I am in Italy talking to an Itallian I will speak Italian out of respect it makes no odds to me and it shouldnt to you either. If that person was Engligh, I would speak English.

Im sure if you address your concerns to your employer you might actually find it was more of a request rather than an order, Rather than voicing your concerns on here where your obviously s**t scared to say who your employers are, and no-one really knows the ins and outs of the request/order etc.