PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 11:43
Kerosine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies all. For those saying you can defer entery, for how long? If I want to defer 6-8 months, by others posts that sounds like I will have to reapply in 6 months time. Anyone know for sure?
As stated in my previous post, I know for sure if you apply for a place to start post Dec 2008 you will be asked to reapply later. To check this hasn't changed (unlikely since it's been only 4 weeks since I was told) you may want to email the CTC team.

What is this about not finding jobs for cadets and having full courses? Are there lots of cadets who are not getting their advanced phase and into a job?
I'm sure someone on the course could tell you if people are struggling to gain employment, although CTC has a 100% employment record to date (even through the post Sept 11 aviation recession). I'd say CTC is your 'safest' bet for employment straight out of an integrated school, however you need to be aware that there is a global slowdown, and employment positions will never be guaranteed.

edit: Read this thread for an insight into what's going on. It IS a PPRuNe thread so take certain posts with a pinch of salt, but there is some very useful information about.