PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any crews trained to land in Darwhine in DAYLIGHT?
Old 19th Apr 2008, 06:28
Pomypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darwhine?

G'day all,

I have just moved to Perth from Darwin, but not because I hated the place, I loved it! Just time for a change!

Man, some people have a strange outdated views of Darwin. Gone are the days of Backward Pubs and the patronage alike. It's funny, in my 5 years of living "up north" I really never saw any of what "Southern people" said I would see. Sure there is a small demographic of people out to make you day unpleasant but all in all I found it to be a secret jewel in the crown.

Fantastic Restaurants, fantastic Bars, Fantastic people, amazing fishing, wonderful houses, and room to breath!

Sure it has it's real "working class type" Pubs still out in the boondocks but hell, where are all the topless barmaids meant to work!!?

No, seriously house prices are on the rise big time. We bought our house for $150k in 03, sold for $380k in 06. Rentals are almost non-existent but if you look you will find a nice one, we rented for a year 350 P/w v large two bedroom new townhouse both with en-suites a fantastic place and in Stuart park (5 Min's from city) Staggering!

I think anyone who would like to work there will have a huge surprise if they have not visited Darwin before......it's great....just don't go swimming anywhere!