PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New big prop, facing the A320 & 737: TurboLiner.
Old 24th Mar 2008, 13:28
TeachMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From SLF

I live is Seoul and noticed that your range out of Hong Kong would reach Seoul. That got me thinking....

I have been flying around Asia for 12 years for work. Seeing a 737/320 is much less common at most airports compared to back home. I went to Vancouver last month and took a turbo prop to Kelona. Ohh what a cute little plane, and Vancouver had so many small planes (737/320s) sitting around and coming and going - neat!!

Small planes might work in the other markets you noted, but due to population dencity and oceans, which mean driving is less an option, bigger planes are relativly easy to fill even on shorter runs.

Out of about 30 flights in and out of Hong Kong, I have only flown 330s, 747s, and 777s to my recolection. The plane you suggest might work within China, say Xian to Nanjing, or in Thailand from Bangkok to Changmai, or from HK to small Chinese cities, but not much else.

However, it looks cool and I would love to fly it as a SLF. So, thanks for the idea. Your drawings are always quite interesting.

TM