PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air Pilot Recruitment (Merged Threads)
Old 24th Mar 2008, 08:35
realsebas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more info

Hi everyone,

Speedtwoten, I gave cpt salary already earlier. Some 7 posts ahead.
After your sim it goes quite fast in fact to come to Muscat. Basically the delaying factor is your visa. OmanAir takes care of this but it takes time. For me it took a month from simride till joining date. When you arrive in Muscat you have around a month of groundschool and then 4 simsessions. After that a couple of linetraining sectors depending on your experience and then you're inserted in the roster. You get full salary as soon as you join the company. They give you an advance the day you arrive.
Before you've found your own house your staying in a hotel. From there you have a crewbus picking you up for all "activities". In theory. It's better to rent a car and to buy one asap. Renting prices are 160 RO/month for a nice sedan. New cars are VERY cheap! American and Asian cars are less than half price of the price in western Europe. A toyota Land Cruiser Prado with the most powerfull engine and full option cost around 17000 RO. If you're a good negotiator you can even get less. Mitsubishi Pajero with most powerfull engine and full option is 13500 RO. European cars are more expensive. Still cheaper then in Europe but the differences is way less.
There is a kind of public transportation which is by means of a taxi loading up as much pax as possible and picking them up and dropping of on the motorway itself. Pretty dangerous and not very pleasant to sit between 8 other people in the back of a small car.
There are some busses but I never tried them. No trains, no metro, and no camel rides to the airport, sorry...

Falcon, Basic salary I gave is for new joiners. More years in the company gives you more money but I don't know how much. I think I've heard somewhere 50 RO more for each year in the company but I've never seen this on paper and I never looked for it, sorry.

B-737, Normally you need something like 750 hours total and some hours on the 737 but you can always try if you have less. Sometimes they make an exception.

Greetz,

Seb