PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 20:48
IrishJetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accom at CAE AMS

Guys,
A quick word. I did my RYR course and CAE is a sausage machine for FR pilots and cheap accom is not easy to find once you are there. There is accom possibly available at the very nearby college at very good rates but you want to try and book that NOW. If you have a car at EMA then the nearby travelodge can have very good rates (I paid £15 per night via the internet). You can park round the back of the RYR training centre for free, Do not use the long term car park as it is a rip off at £20 per day which is only £13 more expensive than at Stansted!!

Public transport near CAE is excellent. If you are using the jump seat facility to Eindhoven then take the train to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport which is about 90 minutes, then go out front of the airport to the bus station and get the 500 bus marked for Haarlem and get off at Graan Voor Visch (not sure of spelling, but oddly enough means "Grain for fish") which is almost outside CAE. Buses need a card which is readily available from newsagents and is called a bustrippencart. I think 20.6 euro for 45 sectors but bear in mind that Haarlem to GVV is 4 sectors for example. If you speak English with a Dutch accent then the language seems pretty obvious sometimes!! CAE facility is excellent but the CBT is woefully inadequate for the exams ahead. Get to know students ahead of you for top tips on revision topics. When I was there, the tea/coffee/pepsi was all free and there is a very basic canteen on site. The sims are superb but be aware that you MUST MUST MUST spend every waking minute in the cardboard bombers practicing your flows as you get very little slack once you are in full flight simulator sessions. Work with your sim partner as if your career depends on it.......because it may well do.

Above all........ENJOY

s,