PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unpredictable DGCA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 02:18
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sky Dancer

My definition of a joke would be the same as anyone elses....how else can you explain this ::

^ People who have failed other medicals get a FAA Class 1

^ People who can't clear the exams of other licensing authorities clear the FAA exams...

What else do you call that ???Get real....
Medica;- Well, I say good for them. I don't see any planes falling out of the sky in the USA. Perhaps when I am old and grumpy and cannot hold DGCA and JAA medical I will go to USA so I can continue to fly, not a pessanger jet but a small puddle jumper to keep my blood flowing.

As for exams- don't you think its time India gets real. Who gives a crap about Celestial navigation or moon rise timing in the different parts of the world? In the ages of GPS and other radio aids, these questions are as archaic as the style of navigation. Yes, it was an art, so let it be an art. Its good to know stuff now a days.

And I promise you not one student under the JAA or DGCA scheme will say yes the questions are relevant to practical flying. I think it is old boys network where the authorities says we have been doing it for donkeys years and we will continue to do it. Thank God that for the DGCA ATPL viva they are asking more practical questions now.