PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow separation
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 22:35
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are splitting hairs, zkdli.

What is to be gained by arguing about opinions and individuals?

If the replays are as accurate and accessible as Roffa suggests then there should be standards monitoring which could be completely automated, no humans involved in the initial analysis - just computerised warning reports. If you can obligingly as a company set yourselves official average delay target maxima of 32 seconds per flight, you can sure as hell fine-tune separation minima at a number greater than Andrew's "20 seconds to collision" or something is not right!

But too much of that might wobble pilots and controllers, eh? Everyday having to explain why your automatically analysed incident list is longer than the norm? You'd end up with more paperwork than policemen do!

We all know that a incorrectly tuned movement detector in a car alarm is a nuiscance. So fork out for a good one and tune it properly or ring fence your vehicle with people or hardware so nothing untoward can get near it

I know it isn't easy, but just arguing that the system is the best and it ain't broke is not good.