PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow separation
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2008, 20:25
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shoey,

I have lots of respect for the way you are up front on PPrune... I have said so on other threads before.

However, there is a robust system in place when things go awry or even when a controller displays a poor controlling technique. We have a good series of checking systems in place, from LCE upwards. Every incident, whether it is an airprox or not, gets investigated.

I'm all for an open upfront system... we have one of the best, if not the best in the world right here in the UK. What peeves my colleagues and I is the fact that a controller who was involved in the writing of this report at the request of NATS decides to pi all over his former colleagues.

Thats what is annoying.. we are talking about professionalism and judgement here in respect of the controllers actions... two things sadly sadly lacking in 'Andrews' actions.

Autothrottle - I think my colleagues on the area side of TC might take you to task for that statement!! Suffice to say that NATS and UK controllers in general are very professional and very well regulated.

And LTMA area(TC) controllers are the best of the best