PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extreme pain in forehead during descent/landing
Old 16th Mar 2008, 08:20
Simon10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw an ENT-doctor late January due to severe pain in my forehead during descent. Since then I got a steroids administered through nasal spray for use twice daily. Furthermoore I got the following instruction before going onboard a flight:

=>90 min. before takeoff 1 sudafed pill for anti-swolling
=>30 min. before takeoff 2 x showers in each nostril with Otrivin Decongestant Nasal Spray
=> immediately before take off: 1 x shower in each nostril with Otrivin
=> immediately before descent: 2 x showers of Otrivin in each nostril

This has helped me during all 7 of 8 flights since I started treatment. However, during one of the 8 flights I got back the pain in my forehead and immediately used lot's of nasal spray, which eased the pain to a bearable level.

I realize that this of course is not an long term solution and I most probably need to fix this problem by surgery. Foremost because using that much nasal spray is not good and one is at risk of developing a chronic nasal congestion.

Please, please..., don't apply this treatment on our your self before discussing with you doctor as It is only a personal recommendation.