PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF CompA ??
Thread: RAF CompA ??
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2008, 22:59
Scribbly

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Have dealt with several incidents as a blunty over the years but some are memorable - whilst on ex in Western USA I get a phone call in the wee small hours from JCCC (what stars they are) saying that Airman Bloggs' relative is very ill in the UK and he needs to come home soonest. They give me a classification for him and the phone number for the incredibly helpful people in DTMA (more unsung heroes). THere were no mil flights for several days so DTMA booked the next civ flights out of Sleepy Hollow and the connections to get him across the world to his local airport. His home unit had arranged a car to meet him at this airport, so when I met him for breakfast with the bad news and an itinerary, all he had to do was pack and get in the car as I took him to Sleepy Hollow airfield.
When you have been given the bad news that your nearest and dearest are not doing so well, the last thing you want to worry about is how you are going to get back to them from the other side of the world. JCCC and DTMA take all of that stress off you - leave them alone to do what they do best.