PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2008, 04:27
Nuthinondaclock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Led,

One minute you refer to unity as idealistic and naive and the next it’s a cynical exercise. It can’t be both. You accuse me of smoke and mirrors when you can’t give a straight answer to a simple question. When early in this topic you talked about this terrible history you’ve experienced at AIPA’s hands as a Jet* pilot, and it becomes obvious from a simple check of your previous posts that you were in EK as recently as December 2006, I put it to you that it’s you who is being deceptive. But relax, no Qantas pilot is trying to (or would ever be able to if this is set up correctly) get a command in Jet* before you. (For what it’s worth I already have a command.)

The GOAL would simplify fair promotional advancement as Qantas Group pilots and whilst highly desirable is not an essential part of the process to prevent one group being used against each other. That comes from the structure of the association. Again, Zep, it’s been said to you on many occasions that the Jet* pilots would run as their own entity in the same way as the S/H pilot group and L/H pilot group do. AIPA has stated both verbally and in print that Jet* flying is for Jet* pilots first. They can’t dictate where Qantas places the 787s, or any other new type for that matter. Your group maintains its own power and ultimately could tell mainline pilots to stick it if they tried to go against you.

The company may try and block a GOAL but they can’t stop you from being represented by AIPA and it’s this they have desperately tried to stop. I believe that if we can get the representation sorted out then the companies divide and conquer strategy would be defeated and there would be no downside to a GOAL from their point of view.

Nuf.

Last edited by Nuthinondaclock; 5th Mar 2008 at 05:49.