PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 4th Mar 2008, 10:40
QF5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Understanding the T&C's of Cabin Crew work

G'day guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask a question about pay, but I'm seriously struggling with reading the cabin crew pay and working agreements.

Currently as ground crew I'm averaging 45k per annum, as a casual employee, and many cabin crew are encouraging me to join them as I'd be payed 'much better than on the ground.' Now, I've always wanted to be cabin crew, and the pay isn't the attraction for me, but reading through the most current agreement I could find (2000-2004) it looks like the cabin crew level 1 base salary is about 40k, and, adding (for example) 8 overnights a month for 12 months at $80 per night, the total is still at roughly 47.5k per year. Am I doing my maths right? I'd been lead to believe that our crew were on approx 60k p.a. including all their extras. Can anyone give an actual rough figure of fortnightly pay after tax? I've had one guy tell me it was as high as $2200 after tax.

Again, I'm not too worried, I just don't want to step down and find I can't afford to live, and I don't want to head into my application without an idea of what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance,

~QF5