PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2008, 23:57
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So there must be someone who heard Woods' express views on EBA4/JPC several times recently...allegedly

Why the reticence to post them here?

For those who struggle with the psycology behind all this AIPA/J*/Qlink carryon I can only point you in the direction of many studies carried out on human nature going back to the 60s...at least one of which is on youtube from memory...I'll see if I can hunt it out and post a link.

Basically it revolves around any situation where you get an 'A' team and a 'B' team. The first experiments used uni students in the US and was set up to simulate a prison over an extended time frame. Weeks or months I cannot remember.

The experiment had to be stopped in the end because of the behaviour of those students who were put on the 'A' team (prison guards).

Think Abu Graib.

The same professor who carried out that experiment in the 60s is still studying the phenomenon and did a less extreme version in the UK.

Take 10 people and put them all together in a house and give them various tasks to carry out.

After several days pick 5 at random and designate them the 'A' team and the remainders designate the 'B' team, assign tasks then sit back and watch.

The change that comes over perfectly reasonable people is astounding...and quite frightening.

This is exactly what we have here with QF mainline designated the 'A' team and everyone else in the QF group is the 'B' team.

The exact same thing is tearing CX apart where you literally have 'A' scalers, 'B' scalers, 'C' scalers and freighter guys on probably an F scale.

I see subtle evidence of something similar happening where I work.

Human nature being what it is I would suggest it is an almost insurmountable.

Do management know this?

Almost certainly. That would be why, in my view, J* management want J* pilots united under a common EBA and they DO NOT want AIPA involved in any way shape or form...AFAP doesn't carry the same baggage.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 4th Mar 2008 at 00:21.