PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2008, 01:57
TurbTool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothin, the future you are promoting for J* pilots is one directed by AIPA for the main betterment of AIPA members. If you get your way the only way into a decent job in Australia would be via the QF selection process.

Each successful pilot would then be offerred a job at the bottom of one of the QF group companies and then, subject to various type/position/base freezes approved by AIPA, would agonisingly work their way up to the holy grail, a gig in mainline if they live long enough, all the while being by-passed by other new recruits fortunate enough to be offerred an initial entry on a better/bigger/faster/shinier type.

So no future other than to go DJ or overseas for anyone not fortunate enough to be one of the "chosen".

Meanwhile most of the 787 expansion in J* would quite naturally go to the QF pilots as J* wouild no longer be able to recruit externally, thereby denying any expat Aussie the opportunity to come home to a decent job. J* would no longer be able to offer good command prospects to its newly recruited fo's.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with AIPA trying to achieve that for its members but I don't think it would bode well for J* pilots or the industry in general. A little balance is a good thing.

What you seem to be suggesting is that J* pilots should reject a better pay deal, more days off, profit share type bonus for sharing the good times, and other benefits so that QF Fo's and So's can get access to accellerated commands in J*. I can't see anything in it for the J* pilots in the short to medium term. It certainly is a big ask from a group that seems to have done alright so far for themselves, without external influences trying to determine their future.