PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 21:48
sleepyrascal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The INTERVIEW>>>

Its not all technical stuff in terms of hydraulics, thermodynamics etc... Perhaps my initial post was misleading.

What you need is a base knowledge of the industry as a whole. Know a little bit about everything rather than know a lot about a few things. I fall into the 'knowingf a lot about a few things' and they simply didnt touch on the areas I am strong in.

I got roasted on my comments regarding carbon emmissions. What i mean is i talked about aviation being behind in the 'green' race compared to the car industry. I talked about the aviation industry having to embrace change and prepare to make changes. My mistake was that I didnt have the figures or the evidence to back up what I was saying. I was asked what the emissions per mile/per head was for an aircraft compared to a car. I had no idea and the interviewer simply said, "you should know that if your going to talk about carbon gasses". I initiated the carbon emmisions conversation in the first place. SO i guess if your going to have a speciality and want to bring it up in the interview, learn that subject inside out and make sure you know what your on about becasue you can bet your ass the interviewer will know at least as much as you.

TOP OF THE LIST: Read the threads on this forum about the negatives of being a pilot. Think about it. Think about it again and make sure your 110% dedicated. After today i realise im not and the interviewers saw that very quickly i think.