PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2008, 18:39
sleepyrascal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo,

Im out of the running. Lack of technical knowledge let me down. Been invited back in 6 months but I dont think i'll be taking up the offer.

I had a chance to really think about my position. I was so far behind the rest of the guys in terms of knowledge and one thing kept niggling in the back of my mind the whole time. Ive put so much effort into my current career and im moving up the ladder quite quickly. My current job is based in my home town where my family/girlfriend are and im not unhappy being there. I guess what im saying is that if I was 100% dedicated to becoming a commercial pilot none of the above would come into play. When I met everyone today I realised how lucky I was to be there with a few guys who would kill to be a pilot.

I think everything happens for a reason so im not going to jump off a cliff or even feel dissapointed about this. Its just another learning experience and If I did decide to try again, be it with CTC or otherwise, I would know how to prepare and go in with a more diverse knowledge of the industry.

At least I have my current career to fall back so not all bad plus I got an email today advising what my pay review was going to be... it was quite pleasant.

It was great meeting everyone and for those who do get through I wish you the best of luck. Your gona have an amazing time in NZ!!! 99.9% of me wishes I was coming with you.

All the best,
SR