PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - New Website Woes (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 21:33
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pssst!! ... In true RYR fashion, those in the know can circumvent the frozen screen queues behind the "Book Now" button, and instead book the seats they want by hacking straight to http://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/FRSearch.aspx

But don't tell anyone or that'll probably freeze solid too

Edit: Now I have found that shortcut I have had the chance for a reasonably troublefree browse at the new site functionality - the flight selection page is actually improved for OFT purposes and dare I say is halfway as compliant as EZ's site now. You do get something approaching an immediate fare+tax+charges total when you select each flight sector or click your mouse from one to another. The only charges that get left until last are the priority boarding and airport checkin charges, insurance if you want it and credit card charges (RYR CC fee is per person cf EZs one off CC fee).

EZ's site has its own annoyances - for example you might normally remove insurance but the slightest variation in your booking will add it back again - I'd say that is easier to miss and to end up buying by default than it is with Ryanair.

Someone mourned the passing of the Find Cheapest Flights option - I liked that too ... instead there is now a tick box for "My dates are Flexible" which gives a much more limited week at a view ... I don't recall seeing it before anyway.

So, Ryanair's site is still limping along, but it is usable via the above link (which is actually the "New Search" link used when you've done one search and want to try another, so it's not really a hack, just a shortcut )

Incidentally, the cause of the "freezing" reported by many today seems to be as a result of some kind of redirection when you click the front page button that is trying to go to dubyadubyadubya.bookryanair(etc etc)Redirect.aspx....

I originally hacked out the 'Redirect' bit to discover the other link

Anyway, hopefully they are now over the worst and they'll fix that pronto ....

Last edited by slip and turn; 27th Feb 2008 at 23:23.