PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2008, 20:00
sleepyrascal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Sleepyrascal,

they don't really give much time between stages!!!!
Anyway, I'm going to have my stage 2 soon, do you know, apart from the pilapt-pre and the math test, do they test you as well on your eye-hand coordination (some excercises with joysticks), because I had to do some for FTE and I found it quite difficult without the right preparation!!??!!!

Any extra information about STAGE 2 are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Alin
Alin,

I was given stage 4 the day after stage 3 only becasue of the distance i travel to CTC. Its costing about £300 each time. Ouch. I think there is usually at least a couple of weeks between each.

As for info on stage 2, there is a load of info on these forums which i used in my preparation for stage 2. There is a fair bit of hand eye coordination. Big tip, if you have some spare cash buy a copy of flight simulator and a joystick and run through the training missions. You will need a fairly slick PC set-up to run it at a decent quality. Im running quad processors and it still cant run on full res. Failing that any game which will familarise you with using a joystick will help. Also, hold the joystick with one hand and support the base of the grip with your other hand. I did this to regulate the amount of movement i put through the stick.

Make sure your up to speed with your mental maths etc. Nothing to complicated... adding, subtracting, division and conversions.