PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - New Website Woes (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2008, 20:16
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My goodness you are right - unbelieveable after 48 hours since going live again

I tried to book something yesterday and found it was completely abortive all day, but saw enough to note that the web page title included the name "SkySales" on URLs with domain bookryanair.com. Ryanair used to use skylights.com or something similar. Have they changed suppliers?

The website was singularly responsible for their massive growth starting 8 years ago or whenever the style was first used ... they have retained the main "feel" of the booking part of the website ever since and I don't blame them from a business point of view.

Tonight it is just incredibly slow, but the flights available for your dates booking page does appear eventually, but not fast enough to prevent customers posting on PPRuNe while they are waiting

The dumb thing is that it seems to be pictures that are causing delayed page downloads e.g. www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/images/Ryanair/b-plane-CB-dn.gif , which apparently is a necessary part of the Summary of Flights selected page, has been downloading on my machine for half the time I have been working on this post and still is - I'll put it out of its misery very shortly

If I was MO'L I think I'd make sure my doctor was sat somewhere closeby monitoring my cardiac function through these testing times

What's the shareprice been doing?