PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 12:15
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I distinctly remember a certain Mr manning stating in no uncertain terms that Qantas pilots had no interest in the plight of Impulse guys.
He was wrong. I know of many pilots- myself included- who made direct representations to Chris to get not only the Impulse pilots but the QFlink pilots as part of the one association also.

I also remember Mr Woods stating on his election that his and AIPAs priority was to halt the growth of Jetstar.
This is so out of context that it defies belief. I'm not going to bother responding Douglas because it's all been explained before. If you weren't willing to pay attention before then I'm not going to bother wasting my time going over the same territory again.

By the way, I hunted back through my emails the other day that I sent to AIPA around the time- had to go to the garage to get out the old computer. On one of them is a report that the IPC knocked back an offer from AIPA to provide assistance with an eye to looking at representation down the track. That changes the scenario in a big way.

What I find delusional in all of this is that we've stopped mid race and had a look back at the start and we're cursing and moaning about all the mistakes that have lead up to this point. We're also so hacked off by those mistakes that we've decided that rather than run smart and clean for the rest of the race we're going to continue to run with one hand tied behind our back. Whatever happened to learning from the past and then fixing it in the future. '89 showed what happens when people aren't united. Alas we're destined to repeat the same mistakes again except this time it's because we're mired in events of six years ago!