PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sharp Airlines expanding
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 19:06
msharp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys.

I am probably making a rod for my back posting here...but I felt I needed to put some of you out of your misery. We are looking at commencing operations around the 28th April, 2008 (if we can get CASA off their a!!!!) with a mix of resource and RPT work. A media release will be issued later this week.

We will be operating from Gate 50 & 51 in Terminal 1 and initially will have 2 aircraft and a small team of pilots. We have been reseaching an expansion for some time and have closey studied Melbourne and Adelaide. We feel the later has more appeal given the growing resource sector. We have NOT purchased any of OCA's assest although we did place a bid for some parts and GSE.

It comes with the obvious risks but given todays enviroment we needed a more critical mass to fully utilise our potential and help spread our costs. As some of you will know its not a game for the faint hearted but we have a great bunch of people working for us to make the transition.

Most of our crew stay for between 3-5 years and many (around 100) but not all have started as cadets and moved on to bigger equipment.

All the best