PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 13:54
Vino Collapso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was supposed to be out of here but I will take the bait.

Do you really think that your couple of weeks holiday a year is a lot more important than the futures of the BA guys?
So you all think that if WW and his cronies get what they want you will all be out of work??

Why is that? I bet you will still have a job.

I can see the newspaper headlines tomorrow.......PPrune posting confirms pilots consider themselves more important than their customers.

As a brave man once said "never let a customer get in the way of a good job"

My heart bleeds for you. If you feel the need to visit a pilot's forum and weep about your spoilt holiday at the same time as acknowledging that your 2 weeks is as nothing compared to 3000+ people's careers, you ain't going to get much sympathy.
Then if you do not want to hear another side of the story and continue winding yourselves up then keep it in the privacy of the BA forum.

The bottom line is that I hope you win your war. I am old and wrinkly enough to have worked for some complete pl**kers over the years and have every sympathy with your problem, but the route you are following is IMHO going nowhere long term. If you win this battle, and you might although WW will not leave the fight without something in his favour, then the managers will erode your T & C in other ways.

...and I am not here for sympathy just to point out that public opinion will most likely not be behind you. You can say on here that you do not need it, but in the end you need their future business in an ever more competitive world.

Can I leave the arena again now please?

Regards

Vino
(employed in the aviation industry)