PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 13:31
Pandora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't been here for ages, and came over to Pprune for an entirely different matter, but I'm going to add my two-pennorth here because this niggled me;

I also realise that we are complaining about a spoiled holiday while you are fighting for the rest of your careers.

BUT - these holidays are not just any old two weeks of the year for us. They are two weeks that we have long anticipated, worked hard for, planned for, and in many cases moved heaven and earth to organise. We face having everything thrown up in the air, and even being stranded overseas by your industrial action.
My heart bleeds for you. If you feel the need to visit a pilot's forum and weep about your spoilt holiday at the same time as acknowledging that your 2 weeks is as nothing compared to 3000+ people's careers, you ain't going to get much sympathy.

If it's any consolation to you, not only am I going to have to fight the Open Skies issue, but my family holiday (my little one's first holiday) will be spoilt too. Double bummer!

Now. Back to complaining about the idiot helicopter pilot who keeps buzzing my house. My learned BA colleagues here look as if they are able to put across the pilot's view much more eloquently than I can.