PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 12:18
Vino Collapso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are in a service industry guys, not a manufacturing one. No service, no industry. A few other now extinct major carriers forgot that.

It might be easier for your gold card pax to re-arrange their work schedule around your possible action but for us cattle up the back end it is more difficult. I am faced with months of planning, pre-booking, paying, connecting flight arranging, car hiring and accomodation booking being blown out of the water. So it is perhaps difficult for me to swallow the 'sorry for the inconvenience' line.

Who was that BALPA guy quoted in the press this morning as saying that his fight is not with the customers? Sorry guv but it looks different from my side of the fence.

I had better start rehearsing how I am going to explain to a wife and two kids that their annual Easter trip has been binned by a group of highly trained, highly skilled and professional people who have got the same gripe about the ability of their managers as every other employee on the planet.

Get real guys, good luck to you and I hope you win your war (I really do, I work for duff managers who mess around with T & C as well) but don't expect me and a whole load of other cattle to be happy.