PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jeremy Vine show today...wearing uniform in public
Old 21st Feb 2008, 12:36
Wader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad_Mark
I think you will find that QR's states that hats need not be worn when indoors at designated place of work, in church (males only) and in civil court whilst the judge or magistrate is present (except when on duty under arms). Nothing there about not wearing them in shops or inside in general!

Standards my dear chap, standards

MadMark!!!
Rising to a challenge, your statement of QRs has an element of truth but is not the right answer:

QR's states that hats are not to be worn on solemn occasions and in civil court whilst the judge or magistrate is present (except when on duty under arms).

It does not state that hats need not be worn when indoors at designated place of work. It does say that RAF Instructions are in AP 1358. On the last 2 units I was on OC Handbrake House had it in orders that the rule was hats ON in Handbrake House for visitors.

The AP states that hats need not be worn indoors at designated places of work.

You are quite right it does not mention shops etc as an exception and one would therefore hope that it was not a designated place of work therefore you should wear a hat in a shop. I agree this could lead to airmen in shops having to salute officers they meet but of course that would never happen as I am sure BEagle would agree that officers don't shop