PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 19:50
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jess The Dog
I suggest a petition in the public domain signed by serving personnel to express their discontentment. It would be a breach of the new DIN but that is an ill-conceived draconian gag in any case. If enough signed then there would be a massive impact and those signing would be immune from charges or administrative action by virtue of numbers and public support. The only way the government will act is if inaction will cost more in political terms than action.
I'd sign it. But then, I put in my PVR a year ago, and June 3rd is my last working day, so I'd have nothing to lose. I'll be gutted to leave my friends, but thrilled to leave an organization starved of cash and bereft of leadership.

Roll on June 3rd.

In the meantime, the only sufficiently public display of anger would be a demonstration in London. I think the parallel between angry troops demonstrating against the Government, and the anti-war demos of 2003, would guarantee headlines. But such action would also threaten participants' careers, so it's unlikely ever to happen; so, maybe it's time for veterans to take a stand on behalf of their serving comrades?