PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Systolic Heart Murmur Question.
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2008, 20:00
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

I play football Saturday's and do PE once a week so i would have thought without no problems of playing at the top of my game, but then there is silent killers. But when it appeared last time when i got a Heart Murmur, I **** myself as then my GP/Doctor sent a letter to some people at Kings College Hospital and said all was fine.It's scary to know but when they recently ask me what i do and if i have problems, Shortness of Breathe or take along time to recover, then the obvious is NO to both.

Systolic: The blood pressure when the heart is contracting. It is specifically the maximum arterial pressure during contraction of the left ventricle of the heart. The time at which ventricular contraction occurs is called systole.
In a blood pressure reading, the systolic pressure is typically the first number recorded. For example, with a blood pressure of 120/80 ("120 over 80"), the systolic pressure is 120. By "120" is meant 120 mm Hg (millimeters of mercury).
A systolic murmur is a heart murmur heard during systole, the time the heart contracts, between the normal first and second heart sounds.
"Systolic" comes from the Greek systole meaning "a drawing together or a contraction." The term has been in use since the 16th century to denote the contraction of the heart muscle.
But when i saw this;
It can show disorders of the heart rhythm or of the
I thought oh please, don't lie!

Also what's this mean?

Would i need this?

Any changes, such as for example, a heart murmur, may need further tests which usually cannot be done at Gatwick and will have to be arranged elsewhere.
What;s the recommended for glasses too?

I printed a CAA Eye Examination and wanted to visit D&H to get my eye's tested and see what they think compared to the sheet and what the CAA recomends. I have a Lazy Eye (Left) Long Sighted (both) both Improved under the eye patch (Younger) and now glasses.

Also would i need this?

Chest X-ray – this investigation is no longer required for an initial UK JAR Class 1, but may be requested if you have any heart or lung problems.
Kindest Regards,

Robbie