PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - thanks pprune for deleting a important thread!
Old 9th Feb 2008, 01:58
Jetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does any of your comments help well no its doesnt. IT has acheved the square root of ZERO.
Do any of your comments help ? Well no they don't. They have achieved the square root of zero.
1. just beacuse i didnt check on the thread every five minutes it doesnt make it NOT important .it was an important thread and if you read the prev one you would of noticed i was in florida hour building (attention to the detail ie facts (and your a pilot!))so did not have access or time to check on the thread.
Start the sentence with a Capital letter. "Beacause" is spelt because. The "i" should be a capital "I". The word "didnt" should have an apostophe as in "didn't". There is an apostophe in doesn't. Comma after "important" unless you intended to start a new sentence after the misplaced full stop, in which case "it" should start with a capital "I". "Prev" isn't a word, and if you are using it as an abbreviation it should have an apostrophe after it. Your use of "would of noticed" should be "would have noticed". That small "i" again ! Florida is a proper noun and should be spelt with a capital letter. Ironically your " ( attention to the detail ie facts ( and your a pilot!)) so did not have access or time to check on the thread", lacks a great deal of attention to detail. There is both a misuse and over use of brackets together with a dearth of punctuation marks. The use of i.e requires a full stop between the letters, as it is an abbreviation of the latin id est (that is).
2. i mispelled a couple of things so what!
That "i" again. This time a double fault, as it is both a pronoun and the start of a new sentence. With even more irony you "mispelled" misspelled. "So what !" Should have a question mark (?), rather than exclamation mark (!)
If you want to be a English Teacher change your job .
Well done on the use of the capital letter, however you should have said an English teacher. There is no requirement for a capital letter in the word teacher.
Dont just MOAN at me(you got the point anyhow!) and bearing in mind the fact i did not have the time to analyse my thread before sending it beacause a certain flight school doesnt even let you view PPrune. and if you want to go round it properly THen why dont you moan at people that dont present it as a formal letter or punctuation? SMUCK!
Don't needs the apostrophe again. Moan doesn't require full capitalization and you should leave a space between "me" and the the following open bracket. The exclamation mark at the end of "anyhow" serves as a full stop and the next word should therefore start with a capital letter. You have used a pronoun "i" again. "Bearing in the mind the fact (that) I did not have time". Because not "beacause". "SMUCK" once again doesn't require full capitalisation, however even if you do that for visual effect, the actual word you are looking for is "Schmuck", which is American slang for a foolish or contemptible person.
3. it might not matter to you. hence why the title of my original thread was aimed a those with problems with floridian flights schools.

Capital letter when starting a sentence again ! Comma instead of full stop between "you" and "hence". The letter "a" should be at. Floridian flight schools requires a capital for the proper noun.

and secoondly i
Starting a sentence with "and" and even then starting without a capital letter. Secondly not "secoondly". That little "i" again.
matters to me and there is no hidden agenda (why the **** would there be?) i am wanting make a stand against the evil prctices that happen at thease flight schools in terms of people getting ripped of with there hard earned money ..YES HARD EARNED MONEY i bet most of you that made the stupid nonsence little helpful (mostly harmful)comments where Sponsered through life aswerll as avation by the Mummy or Daddy LIKE most of the spoilt little BRATS you are. and by shooting my comments down in flames proves that!
It seems you have all but given up on the use of punctuation marks. The words are "practices", "these", "their hard earned money", "nonsense", "unhelpful", "as well", "sponsored", "aviation", "ripped off". Start sentences with capital letters and not the word "and".
4. how do you know watchdog won`t be intrested? beacause you assumed?gueess what they are i personally know the Exec Producer. whos is very much intrested
Start sentences with capital letters. Won`t should be won't. The spelling is "interested", although you clearly are not. The use of the punctuation question mark is the same as a full stop, so the "beacause" should either be misspelt with a capital letter, or spelt "Because". The spelling is "guess". Use punctuation, as the sentence "guess what they are i personally know the Exec Producer" needs either a full stop or a comma after the word "are" and an apostrophe after the abbreviation "Exec". The contaction "who's" requires an apostrophe and the subsequent "is" is unnecessary. The final "intrested" of course should be interested.
YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK GOODBYE
No, having tried it, I do not want to be an English teacher. Although I am clearly just having a bit of fun with your angry and somewhat delayed riposte, it is rare to see such a poor level of spelling and syntax, in a pilot for whom English is their mother tongue, or is over the age of 11. This is a bulletin board and therefore there is no reason to take particular care with our spelling or use of language. However there are a great many contributors here for whom English is not their mother tongue, and given the many complexities of the language, make a stirling effort in their postings.

The real point was, that if you want to complain about the removal of your declared important thread, at least make some effort to show why it was important, and take less than a week to notice the absence. Still, as you say we "are the weakest link" as you have so ably demonstrated. It is fortunate that you know the executive producer of the television show, as he would probably have considerable difficulty were he to have to rely on written correspondence from you.

Good luck and goodbye.