PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 4 results. merged.
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2008, 11:05
Pundit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything goes at JQ..why trust a fellow pilot

Ambiguity and uncertainty are written into the human condition. We may value 'the truth' and we may value 'not causing harm to other'. Yet there will be times when we know that telling the truth will hurt someone. Sadly today the strong tendency is to conclude that none of this matters and that anything goes. In the end it is all about ethical behaviour and sadly ethics is a barren commodity for many of my fellow pilots.

After I posted the thread "at drinks with AJ" I received several emails telling me to shut up or my career would be put on hold. I stated in that thread that AJ said that if the pilots didn't toe the line he would introduce AWAs.

Last week the pilot group voted. The EBA went down.

Over the weekend I have been pestered by members of the JPC - the people entrusted by us to represent us; not their self interests.

I was told that the JPC and 100 other pilots have all advised AJ that they want to sign AWAs. I have been told that the AWA is the agreement we voted down with one additional clause - when we put a new EBA in place, you can choose to remain on the AWA or move to the new EBA.

"Just ring AJ or Rohan and put your name on the list".

Interesting. It is also interesting that one of the JPC members who was on the outer has gone from being persona non grata to a sim checkie during the course of the negotiations. It is also intersting that this individual is the driving force in the AWA push.

It is a pity that a little transparency could not be applied by AJ and the JPC with a newsletter or the like instead of this clandestine approach. All facts to all people at the same time.

Ethical behaviour is good business.

Any morale that may have existed at JQ is dead. AJ and his management team have to accept a large share of the blame. But, and sadly this is a big BUT, a lack of ethical behavour by the JPC is also a large contributory factor. They have introduced the in fighting that will now erupt. Mark my words.

Last edited by Pundit; 5th Feb 2008 at 11:07. Reason: editorial