PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh No! Its St Maarten time again
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2008, 05:09
Bobbsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading this thread and looking at the various pictures and videos, I got curious, downloaded the photo, and had a really close look at it (ironically, in Photoshop). I have to agree with soggy_cabbage: there's very strong evidence that this particular picture has been, er, enhanced.

As mentioned, the left hand motorbike is missing half it's front wheel, part of the rider's foot...and, looked at critically, the line of the hedge (where it crosses the white building in the distance, is wrong.

Around the plane there are several areas where the blur/smudge tool has been used, usually a sign of covering up mismatched edges after some cut and paste: above the left main gear strut (which is also slightly darker than the surrounding area, on the fuselage just aft of the left wing and again on the fuselage near the right hand main gear strut.

Part of the rear view mirror on the foreground motorbike is missing, as is a bit of the rider's back just on his belt line.

I'd say that they've taken an already spectacular approach and moved things around/added foreground elements to make it even more outrageous.

Bobbsy