PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orient Thai
Thread: Orient Thai
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2008, 18:03
betterave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware of OX

I flew B757s at OX in 2004 and 2005 during my furlough from my current job. I don't know about the current pay scale, it was US$4500/month for Capt and $3000/month for F/O + $50/duty day when the MD82s first started operating in 2005 when I left. Namfon told the newhires to expect minimum of 26 duty days each month. That did not translate into 26 flying day (thus adding $1300 to your pay), it just meant you must be available for 26 days.

Now a big warning if you are contemplating applying to OX - DON'T! You can search this forum and read about working conditions and management at OX. In short - "management" does not want to spend any money, expect the crews to exceed duty limitations, don't provide adequate maintenance and little, if any, training. Read about the 1-2-Go crash at Phuket last Sep to understand the company culture there. Here is a link to the Aussie TV report resulted from this crash:

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/...ticle_2357.asp

I don't want my family to fly on OX and I advise my friends to do the same. I'm confident that this sentiment is shared by others who have worked there. I strongly advise that you stay away from OX no matter what they promise you.

Cheers,