PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Jan 2008, 22:24
HighLow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to make it clear, i am not posting comments in any way that take away from the work the controllers are doing.

Not recruiting any new controllers for the guts on 6 years, now this situation was always going to arise.

However as a pilot in DUBLIN, yes there are many problems

25 Mins to introduce LVPs is not uncommon, pilots stuck up in the hold at ROCKA or TULSO , unable to shoot CATIII until somebody on the ground gets their act together.

No instantaneous weather information, (only international Airport on the planet unable to give that kind of information)

The new MIKE Taxiway lights (parallel to HOTEL) cannot he shut off, if done so, it would turn off the every single taxiway light on the airport.

anyways this post was to point out the frustration of little notice of industrial action, however maybe its about time, the controllers in dublin stood upto the THIRD WORLD conditions they find themselves in,

Best of Luck to them

and a note to the DUBLIN AIRPORT AUTHORITY, take a spin over to the UK and see how a REAL airport operates!!

To silence the critics, I am Irish and think its disgusting the way the international airport of my home city is being operated!!!

HIGH LOW