PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Darwin in the 80's
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2008, 07:21
Richo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merv fowler is still in AsA, last seen touring Aust with the Runway incurstion training team.

Mr Thompson was a ex FSO who went into the Video hire buisness, sold out and retired some time agoI am led to belive. The C210 piloted by himself and with one of Dicks apprentices on board went in just off the end of the runway in the tall trees (for the NT). the tail still exists as a monument (of sorts) out side the Parachute club at Batchelor.

Old Karl at MGD, what a ledgend. I did hear a rumour that he was very unwell some time ago. Came from T Davis ex MPA chief pilot, anybody know for sure.

backwards PPRUNER, Biffo was last back in VIC flyin the AERORESCUE Donnier, not quite sure if he is still there. Sam Romano ex NTAS, Pearl and QL may be able to sheed some light on his whereabouts.

remember the opening of the new terminal well, Matt Bammer Fullwood from 75SQN with his very by the book departure in the hornet. TBone the safety officer, king of the bird fright.

I was trying to think of some of the operators who came and went during that time. Starting from the Southern end
Aeroclub
CASA,
Wimray,
Airnorth office,
DGA hangar with ARNHEMS in the other end,
The helocopter mob, was it Jarrow and thier red headed chief
also in there LLOYD ?? I think
Skywest & AEROMED
and airnorth hangar

Going across the road there was the FSU and Briefing office, what did we use those things for again??

There was a guy who operated some choppers (mustering) and I think had a C421 or similar for a short while, anybody remember him.

And who could forget a pie from the old Airport gates servo.