PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 06:14
anartificialhorizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the BBC website....

Witnesses on board the plane said they only became aware of a problem just before the plane was due to land.

Passenger Jerome Ensinck said: "There was no indication that we were going to have a bad landing. When we hit the ground, it was extremely rough, but I've had rough landings before and I thought 'This is the roughest I've had'."

Antonio De Crescenzo, 52, from Naples in Italy, said: "We were coming in to land but the plane felt like it should have been taking off. The engines were roaring and then we landed and it was just banging.

Before you shoot me down in flames I know witnesses cannot be fully relied upon following an incident like this but from what nearly all are saying it would appear that at least one engine was operating prior to touching down. Nobody has said the aircraft went quiet, the lights went out or flickered which might suggest that the aircraft had lost electrical and or engine power.

This is going to be a very interesting investigation and I am intrigued to see what the AAIB report in their preliminary findings.