PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 15:39
Deckcrusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A sensible decision ?

I have sat quietly and observed the history as pilots see it, in Nigeria for about a year or so.
For many reasons I am considering a move to Lagos (Snake Island) for the last 4-5 years of my career.
I have a varied background, and I am very experienced on more than 10 types, in varying environments.
I have more than 17 years Military experience some of which was not pleasant.
I also have more than 20 years civilian experience, which consists of Police, Executive and mostly North Sea flying.
I am not easily frightened by individuals, but the information available on the news and the internet makes Nigeria sound like a very frightening prospect indeed.
Most of the aggression seems to be taking place in the Delta regions, and might allow the "whiteys from blighty" (such as me) to assume that a posting to Snake would be a very safe option.
If there is anyone out there that could give me solid advice then I would be very grateful indeed,
As luck would have it I do know one of the Chief Pilots of the Operation in Snake, and he is hard nosed (and always has been ) but a better manager / friend you will never meet.
Deckcrusher