PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 22:51
757 Speedbrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re. cheap fares, I'd rather pay more than have the 6 hour delays I had with them last year and missing the first night on the way out and getting back to NCL on the return at an unscheduled time when they can't find anyone to push some steps up to the plane to let the pax off etc etc(ie 30 mins in the passport queue and then the dodgy baggage belts).
Ash:

Sorry you had these delays. Firstly, I'm not a Jet2 spokesman, nor do I wish to detract from a thread which is about Newcastle Airport rather than Jet2.

The issue re steps and baggage handling is just as annoying for Jet2 as it has bugger-all to do with them - they pay (more than any other base) for the handling that Swissport are supposed to provide. Busses are the airports responsibility and are often streched when 2 or 3 aircraft turn up at once.

Largerlout:

Good point. Both EZY and FR would simply cancel the flight and leave the pax in the lurch, what do they care, they have a huge customer base.

I know for a fact that when a 757 from NCL went tech in Tenerife (for a very small engine pitot fault) that 152 pax were put up in the Arona-Grand, a 4* hotel. Not as good as getting home on the day you planed but softens the blow a bit.

Having watched the 'rugby scrum' like dash at boarding with FR or EZY the fact your allocated and can even choose your seats online would sway me to fly Jet2 but I'm biased.

Transwede:

Extra flights, and I'm only going off an add I've just seen on a bus shelter, is Faro and Alicante but that could just be an advertising error!!

Re ETOPS:

Tech. problems will need to be ironed out as I belive prooving flights will start this summer. The issue GSM had, I belive, was not having the right documention on an atlantic flight but I could be wrong.