PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions
Old 10th Jan 2008, 18:40
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions

When I trained for my PPL(H) I did so in the R22 I passed and progressed onto the R44, I enjoyed my flying and enjoyed the responsibility of the pre flight and after flight checks, being an ex farmer and involved with heavy Road transport I have a rudimentry knowledge of how mechanics work and what should be tight in order to be safe. During my early solo flying I cocked up twice, my fault I took my eye of the ball (so to speak) but managed to recover and carry on to land. I am able to admit to my failings in those two flights,...... sadly many flight dont have an outcome like I did, and we read many times about the sad ending of life whilst flying helicopters at my level mainly Robinsons( because they are the chepest to run) But one burning question ................,

Has there ever been a fatal ending to a Robinson flight, were the RHC have taken or accepted any form of responsibilty, or has it always been down to the driver?

Many of you out there say much about how bad they are, but can we get some accurate feedback on this!

My regards

Peter R-B
Vfrpilotpb