PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RACWA
Thread: RACWA
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:24
Pomypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Icecream,

RACWA, Mmmmm? I agree with the previous person (Sorry no name) bland and boring. Wierd rules inc wierd endorsments but hey, don't let us put you off, it's good to get a very good look at other schools on the strip.

I started at Minovation (Great range of Piper a/c) Then did my CPL at the Aviation Inst, but have been advised it's not there any more! Still, the thing that sold it for me was the friends I met at both schools, it was the most fantastic time of my life and the social aspec was a mojor part of things.....Plus this helps in later in life as eveyone has an opinion in the industry!! On top of this some places (Dare I say it) don't like to employ RACWA pilots on there first job......just something I heard a few times.....Please no Flame throwers!!!

Take a walk around all of them (Schools) and see what they have to offer, have a look at there maintenence hangar, chat to instructors, have a look at there a/c, chat about your plans for the future etc etc, it all helps form an opinion.

YPJT has some really good schools and just because they don't have a flash building does not mean that they are in any means crap or non professional, infact I would have to say from personal experience that I would not choose RACWA but het that's just me, and I have flown there.

Cheers PP