PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 8th Jan 2008, 21:40
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For once I agree with you Vs lhr despite the fact that you are not cabin crew whilst in a cabin crew forum, without the slightest notion of what our job entails.
Actually, I think we're guests of the pilots on this website, and as any conclusion reached in this dispute directly effect me, I feel I am entitled to air an opinion. I'm not about to compromise where I work, but thanks for caring.

You are absolutely right that money would have tempted those that voted to strike back into work. The reason they were so quick to ditch their position was because I don't think they really had a stomach for stirke due to that perpetuated whisper that Dicky wouldn't possibly let it go to a strike - think of the publicity? When he didn't arrive on a white charger as the champion of the crew, I think there was a collective sigh of "oh balls" as the strike date grew ever nearer with no possibility of the company whipping out their cheque books.

I think it's high time the CSS's and FSM's broke away from the CC and SCC and went to a Union who recognised the management status the company keep telling us we are and who can NEGOTIATE NOT CONSULT on our behalves.
Whilst splitting off into a separate union may weaken your negotiating power, I can only applaud the idea of finding a union that would take the trouble to find out what its members actually want.

A lot of posts here and elsewhere seem to be ignoring the fact that this situation had become a complete mess.
Funny, I thought I'd been saying that since November