PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 8th Jan 2008, 18:02
vs_lhr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, as mentioned earlier I am very disappointed as I'm sure a number of crew are. I am failing to understand how BB can decide that this is the deal for the crew without having a vote of the crew.

Is there an ombudsman/watchdog which overseas unions becasue right now I would like to have unite investigated as this seems unacceptable to me and not democtratic.

So just when I thought I could chill out I now have to start digging around to find out about who overseas unions and ensures they are acting in the members best interests.
To be fair Scoobs, I reckon this is probably the best deal that could have been achieved at this stage, and the union were wise to the fact the strikes weren't going to have the necessary impact. The alternative was likely to be a largely uninterrupted schedule and union members eventually limping back to work with no deal whatsoever. The only outcome of that would have been bad blood for months - maybe years - to come. Not pleasant for any of us.

However, the union have made bigger mistakes than this, and for that they need kicking to the kerb.