PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Virgin Strike (or not-actually-a-strike) Thread III
Old 7th Jan 2008, 22:13
scoobydooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree litebulbs.

So then improving communications within the union and its' members.

I would like to see on the Unite site a Virgin Atlantic private forum where any member of the union can ask the reps anything (a pilot showed me the Balpa forums, similar to these).

These forums are not anonymous names, they are your real name, and anyone can ask a question, the beauty is, if someone asks a question the odds are someone else probably want to know the answer too and a database of useful Q&A becomes available.

Granted union reps couldn't answers questions all the time as they have a life too but it would be a good start. Just like here on prune the union and it's reps or other members can setup polls and find out what is important to members as it is not possible to get round everyone. Sure there is no substitute for correspondence the old fashioned way with a regular union update on what's been going on, what the company is asking the union to change and this would be welcome to people who dont have pc's or the time to check, but the beauty of forums is the 2 way communication.

Who knows if anything has been achieved through the use of prune, cabincrew.com and vflyer in the last few months but to have an internal forum that is for registered union VA crew members only (sorry no managers) I think this would be a massive step in the right direction.

The reason I say no managers is not to disrespect them, but people would not post their concerns and thoughts if they felt they were being snooped on.