PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Renewal
Thread: ASIC Renewal
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2008, 21:41
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flog,
Aviation ID might be offering a discount for return customers. THere is also a difference with Auscheck in that if your details are in their system after the migration from the previous AFP check then they will process the background check slightly cheaper but only by a few bucks.

One big delay with the ASIC process is actually getting the cards printed. Mine have taken anywhere from 2 to 33 days with an average of 21 days. Auchecks are taking on average 10 - 14 days despite the fact that the whole process is now completed electronically. The silly season has not helped with one Auscheck request having been with them for nearly 3 weeks. I don't give a frig about their Christmas leave - I want my bloody applications processed for which the punters are paying a premium. At least they date the clearance from the day they actually issue and forward by email the clearance.

There is a new Issuing Authority on the horizon that might be able to speed up this process a bit.

FTDK - $30.00 for passport pics - they must have seen you coming. Surely you have a digital camera and colour printer.

As I mentioined before, just about every security controlled airport in the country is now an issuing authority and can issue ASICs to anyone having a requirement, although they may chose to restrict this to pilots who are based at their airfield. I guess this is fair enough as the processing of these things can be quite onerous. The advantage though is that if you get your local airport to process for you and you take the documents in yourself, you do not need to have them certified as you are presenting the originals.